White Chili

Once upon a time I went in search of something different for dinner...I dug through many cookbooks before finding an awesome White Chili recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook. I have used it so much and shared it so much that the page came loose from the book and is long gone.The recipe, however, remains deep in my mind. YOU can find it here. I am sharing it with you today, as I am making it today to keep us warm on a cold, snowy weekend!

WHITE CHILI
White from chicken and Northern Beans, you will love it topped with tomato and sour cream!

Ingredients

1/4
cup butter or margarine
1
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1
garlic clove, finely chopped
4
cups 1/2-inch cubes cooked chicken or turkey
3
cups  chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
2
tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1
tablespoon dried basil leaves
2
teaspoons ground red chilies or Chili powder

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2
cans (15 to 16 oz each) great northern beans, undrained
1
medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
Blue or yellow corn tortilla chips

Directions

  • 1Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally until onion is tender.
  • 2Stir in remaining ingredients except tomato and tortilla chips. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with tomato and tortilla chips.

Prep Time: 20 Min.
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8

My sons both love this and ask for it often. Hubby loves it as well. We never have any go to waste, as its just as good as a leftover! 





Comments

  1. Hello.... I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks. Also... can you tell me where you saw the mutsd aqua bedspread. I found one I love and it linked me to you... but not to where I can buy it. Thanks. Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I borrowed your book at your house in Bluff City. I have this recipe somewhere (somewhere in a box probably since I moved). It's yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts